Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are officially invited to King Charles’ coronation.
King Charles III wants the Duke and Duchess of Sussex present at his coronation on May 6. Prince Harry and Markle had already received an official invitation.
“I can confirm The Duke has recently received email correspondence from His Majesty’s office regarding the coronation. An immediate decision on whether The Duke and Duchess will attend will not be disclosed by us at this time,” the Sussexes’ spokesperson told The Sunday Times.
Although the royal couple received an invitation, they did not confirm if they would attend the event, according to People. Buckingham Palace did not respond to the outlet’s request for comment.
Last month, an anonymous source close to Prince Harry told People they hadn’t received an invite yet. Prince William’s younger brother had previously said in his interview with ITV’s Tom Bradby while promoting his book “Spare” that “the ball is in their court,” suggesting it was up to the palace.
“There’s a lot that can happen between now and then. But, you know, the door is always open. The ball is in their court. There’s a lot to be discussed, and I really hope that they are willing to sit down and talk about it,” Prince Harry said.
Kinsey Schofield, the host of the “To Di For Daily” podcast, previously addressed the rumors that Markle felt isolated about the coronation because she allegedly felt the palace only wanted her husband’s attendance.
“That’s right,” Schofield said via GB News. “You know, reports are that Meghan is feeling like the palace is really only trying to persuade Harry to come and that Meghan is not a priority. And that makes her very unhappy.”