Royal News

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘to scoop £75m from staggering Netflix mega deal’

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could be coining it in with their new Netflix ‘mega deal’ with experts predicting they could make £75 million from it.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are looking to make documentaries, films and children’s programmes even though it has been pointed out that they have never produced a TV show before.

The couple stood down from their royal duties in March and moved to California in the hope of forging a new life and having a shot at ‘cracking’ Hollywood.

They are hoping that there Netflix shows will be “impactful” and look to “give hope” and “unlock action”.

In a statement when they announced their new venture with the streaming service, the couple said that their lives “have allowed us to understand the power of the human spirit: of courage, resilience, and the need for connection.”

Speaking to The Sun, PR expert Jonathan Shalit predicted that the royal couple would cash in to the tune of £37 million to £75 million.

Meghan and Harry have already splashed the cash on an £11 million mansion in California and have founded a production company ahead of signing up with Netflix.

Mr Shalit told The Sun that the deal is “staggering” and that this is the first time a “Hollywood studio got hold of British royal family” and that the deal is “historic”.

The PR guru went on to add that once bonuses had been paid, the royals could land more than £180 million.

Mr Shalit, of InterTalent Rights, claimed Harry, 35, and Meg could pocket bonuses which would increase their haul to more than £180million.

Despite the venture into TV shows, the New York Times has reported that Meghan has no desire to return to acting, despite some commentators suggesting that the former Suits star would welcome the opportunity.

Speaking to the Daily Mail, royal expert Ingrid Seward said: “This proves it’s not what you can do, it is who you are.

“It’s very nice for them to be able to just step into that.

“I imagine Prince Charles will be relieved as they will be off his payroll now, and the British public will be relieved because they can pay back what they owe now on Frogmore Cottage, so it’s a win-win situation.”

The Times has reported that an industry source has claimed that Meghan “believes she’s getting full creative control” but the source reckons that this would not be the case.

They told the paper: ” TV networks, Netflix included, don’t let the lunatics run the asylum.

“Meghan will no doubt want to cast herself as Mother Teresa but that’s not how it’s going to pan out. “

Meghan and Harry announced the venture in a statement on Wednesday, saying: “Our lives, both independent of each other, and as a couple have allowed us to understand the power of the human spirit: of courage, resilience, and the need for connection.

“Through our work with diverse communities and their environments, to shining a light on people and causes around the world, our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope.

“As new parents, making inspirational family programming is also important to us, as is powerful storytelling through a truthful and relatable lens.”

Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at webcelebs@trinitymirror.com or call us direct 0207 29 33033

Source

To Top