Royal News

Meghan Markle accused of ‘orchestrating’ Megxit and ‘commercial deals’ in explosive claims

Earlier this year, the Duke and the Duchess of Sussex quit the royal life to become “financially independent”. The couple moved to the United States following discussions with the Queen to decide which terms the couple would leave the Firm on.

However, Lady Colin Campbell, author of Meghan and Harry: The Real Story, has asserted the Duke and the Duchess were already trying to strike “commercial deals” ahead of their departure.

Speaking to the Daily Star, Ms Campbell said: “Some of the commercial deals I heard of were laughable.

“I thought there is no way the Royal Family can agree to this.”

The author claimed Meghan was leading the couple’s plans to leave the Royal Family and work independently.

Ms Campbell said: “Meghan was cutting a swathe through Harry’s social life, she didn’t approve of this, she didn’t approve of that, she is an operator.”

She added that tensions between Meghan and other royals began about four days into the couple’s marriage.

According to the author, the Royal Family – and especially the Queen – would not allow the couple to profit of the fact they were royalty.

Ms Campbell said Her Majesty would never have let them “have their cake and eat it too”, which is why the couple could only agree on the deals if they stepped down.

She added: “You have to remember, to be in the Royal Family, to be a member of the monarchy, you have to be above politics and commerce, otherwise it is perceived to not be neutral, and it has to be neutral, to represent the country you have to be neutral.”

Following their exit from the Firm, the couple we able to secure a deal with Netflix.

Their contract with the streaming giant is reportedly worth around $100 million.

Variety broke the news of the couple’s new gig on September 2.

DON’T MISS:
Prince Harry left ‘HEARTBROKEN’ after losing military titles [INSIGHT]
Meghan Markle appears in new video to mark important anniversary [UPDATES]
Prince Harry joy: How Harry and Meghan were visited by British pal [REVEALED]

Meghan and Harry later released a statement to confirm the news.

The statement read: “Our lives, both independent of each other, and as a couple have allowed us to understand the power of the human spirit: of courage, resilience, and the need for connection.

“Through our work with diverse communities and their environments, to shining a light on people and causes around the world, our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope.

“As new parents, making inspirational family programming is also important to us, as is powerful storytelling through a truthful and relatable lens.”

Ted Sarandos, the co-chief executive and chief content officer of Netflix, said Harry and Meghan had “inspired millions of people all around the world with their authenticity, optimism and leadership”.

He added: “We’re incredibly proud they have chosen Netflix as their creative home – and are excited about telling stories with them that can help build resilience and increase understanding for audiences everywhere.”

Eric Schiffer, chairman of Reputation Management Consultants, said the deal was an “economic earthquake”.

He told Newsweek: “This is an economic earthquake for a streaming company and trumps the Obamas in size for sure.

“It sets on fire anything Harry and Meghan have done before in terms of precedent.”

Source

To Top