Royal News

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry being ‘left behind’ by other Royals argues expert

The statement was made by Russell Myers, royal editor for the Daily Mirror. He made the comments whilst appearing on Ann Gripper’s Pod Save The Queen podcast.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been charting their own course since stepping down as working royals at the end of March.

Two months earlier the couple had shocked the world by announcing they planned to leave royal service and become “financially independent”.

Speaking on the podcast Mr Myers said: “They’ve got to be careful here, sitting in an ivory tower, sounding off about things that are just coming into your head without people to advise you ‒ I don’t really know who their advisers are at the moment.

“It’s not coming across well and they are fast becoming a bit irrelevant, especially when you’re seeing the Cambridges and Prince Charles speaking about massive global issues like this.

“They’re going to be left behind a little bit.”

According to a Royal insider, speaking to The Sun, Harry will not be allowed to join senior royals by the cenotaph for remembrance Sunday.

Senior royals, including The Queen or one of her representatives, are amongst those who lay wreaths by the cenotaph to remember Britain’s war dead.

Referring to Harry the source said: “He won’t be able to attend in a royal capacity as he is no longer a working royal.

“He would be able to attend in his capacity as a former soldier who served his country well in Afghanistan.”

Due to the coronavirus pandemic this years’ service is expected to be “closed door” without public attendance.

Wreaths will be laid by Prince Charles, Prince William and Princess Anne whilst The Queen is joined by the Duchesses’ of Cambridge and Cornwall on the Foreign Office balcony.

Before stepping down as a senior royal Meghan had taken her place on the balcony for Remembrance Day parades.


As a result of the COVID-19 epidemic the number of veterans taking part will be much smaller than usual.

On the podcast Ms Gripper discussed the Meghan and Harry signing up with Harry Walker Agency, a New York based speakers’ agency.

The same agency also represents the Obama and Clinton families.

She said: “When you’ve signed up to be public speakers then that kind of is their role, you are public speaking.

“There’s the interview that Meghan did recently, I think it was with Fortune, they pop up in this fashion, speaking over Zoom about some issue, I think it was about the Internet community and that kind of thing and making the Internet a better place.

‘But anyway, it’s a work in progress for them.”

Harry and Meghan recently purchased a new £11.2million home in Santa Barbara, California.

The luxury property comes complete with a tennis court, swimming pool and children’s cottage.

Last month Netflix announced it had agreed a major deal with the Sussexes’.

The Duke and Duchess will produce films, documentaries and children’s shows for the streaming giant.

 

 

Source

To Top