Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are expected to say yes to many red carpet invites once the battle against coronavirus is over.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who stepped down from their senior royal roles last month, are now looking for ways to finance themselves it appears Hollywood could be the answer thanks to Meghan’s acting credentials – which means A-list events will be a must.
Royal expert Myka Meier claims that as soon as the globe recovers from the coronavirus crisis that Meghan, 38, and Harry, 35, will rarely be absent from a high-profile event.
The etiquette expert and royal analyst also thinks that Meghan – who recently made her return to showbiz by narrating the new Disney documentary Elephants – will have her pick of roles but claims that she will be selective.
Speaking on the Royally Obsessed podcast, she shared: “I think we’ll see Meghan back in acting in terms of major motion films.”
Claiming that the couple will say yes to many invites, Myka added: “I think she’ll be choosey of course but I think we’ll see a lot of them.”
“I also think that we’re going to see a lot of red carpets.
“As soon as there are red carpets again, I genuinely think they will be on every major red carpet.”
Discussing her views on which parts Meghan will be hot on the heels of, the expert told: “I think she’ll be choosing a role about trafficking for example, where she’s playing a role where part of the proceeds will get donated.
“We’re going to see some really big things form her really soon.”
When podcast hosts Rachel Bowie and Roberta Fiorito quizzed Myka on what typed of parts Meghan would be interested in, she responded: “I see her choosing really important roles where I think the movie has a purpose behind it, I don’t think we’ll see her just doing a shallow role.
It seems like its is not just actress Meghan who will be on-screen as Prince Harry recently scooped up his first non-royal role.
The Prince’s part – which saw him appearing on screen to introduce the 75th anniversary episode of Thomas the Tank Engine named Thomas & Friends: The Royal Engine – was unveiled on Tuesday morning and proves that he can hold his own on in-front of the lens.
The short clip was recorded in January, before Harry and wife Meghan quit the royal family, in exchange for a charity to donation.
Meghan and Harry have vowed to snub a raft of UK newspapers, including the Daily Mirror. In a letter sent to editors in April, the pair said they would not “offer themselves up as currency for an economy of click bait and distortion”.
The couple said there would be “no corroboration and zero engagement” with those news titles, but said it “is not in any way a blanket policy for all media”.
However, their stance was criticised as ‘censorship’ by the Society of Editors, which represents members from both local and national media.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us direct 0207 29 33033